News, and the latest updates.
Stories from the past...
Got a item of interest? Here's the place to go.
Your opinion always counts on how we can make GameSurge
Comments on our features, by you, the viewers.
Tweaks, reviews and a handy driver index highlight our newest section
Looking to buy one of the hottest games? We have it covered.
Get a advanced look at the games of tomorrow.
Find out more about the people behind your favorite game.
Need Help? We have a very large selection of walkthroughs now up.
A special section featuring the best in artwork and
The written word, by staff and viewers.
A bi-monthly column contributed by Mark H Walker, an independant writer in the Gaming community.
Pictures from around the web.
Our current hosting plans and features.
Who we are, what we do, our policies and job positions.
The Sony PlayStation, and beyond...
The Dreamcast resource, and more. Home of the DC Technical pages.
reviewed by WinterFresh
Rogue Spear is undoubtedly one of the best games of 1999. Combining teamwork, strategy, and of course good aim, it excels over last year's Rainbow 6. Rogue Spear takes place in areas all around the world from a mansion in Washington State to a hijacked airplane. Another great aspect of the game would be the replay mode. When you get shot by the terrorist you just could never find, or when you finally beat that one hard mission, you will have the replay mode to show all your friends how good you really are. With millions of lives at risk, you and the Rainbow team are sent to rescue hostages and save the world from the Russian Mafia and a Middle East Terrorist Organization. In Rogue Spear, the terrorists are smarter than ever, so, you will need your teammates behind you every step of the way. Rogue Spear Multiplayer is another great part of the game. You and up to 15 other players can play in various game types such as: Cooperative, Terrorist Hunt, Assassination, Double Bluff, Save Your Base, and many others. The Multiplayer game really gives Rogue Spear replay value and you will be playing this game all night just as I had when I first bought it.
The graphics in Rogue Spear are amazing. The main improvement over last year's Rainbow 6 is the new graphics engine that has been heavily modified to provide you with larger and more detailed levels and great character animation. The Rogue Spear characters now look more realistic and move as if they were truly human, which makes the game even more realistic to a large extent. The levels truly come to life with different weather conditions such as rain and/or snow… adding to what the game is really famous for - being as close to realistic as possible.
The sound in Rogue Spear has also improved. The guns sound as real as they will ever get. The music in the game is incredible. It really gives you the sense that you are actually there, saving the world from the evil terrorist groups. Rainbow Team Communication has also improved and the sound is clearer than ever.
- Full sniper support: sniper specialists, sniper weapons, special planning and action phase controls for snipers and special firing positions.
- Mission editor allows play customization including mission adjustments and terrorist placement.
- Advanced AI-terrorists are more realistic and lethal than ever.
- Weather effects including snow and/or rain that make missions even more intense and challenging.
- Improved special effects with grenades, weapons, and flash bangs.
- New Replay Feature allows you to record a mission, watch it later and share with other players online.
- Incredible 3D sound EAX 2.0.
- Joystick support.
- Huge variety of new gear and weapons.
- New observer mode.
- New single player options where it's your best team versus all the terrorists or you alone against the world.
To Play The Game You will have to Meet These System Requirements:
· OS: Windows 95 or later with DirectX 6.0 or better installed
· Without Hardware Acceleration: 266MHz MMX (or equivalent) w/3D hardware acceleration
· With Hardware Acceleration: 233MHz MMX (or equivalent) w/out 3D hardware acceleration
· RAM: 32 megabytes minimum
· 3-D Video: Direct 3D acceleration recommended
· Hard Disk: 150 Mbytes free required
Of course, you should try to exceed these requirements for better gameplay and performance.
For you people that find the game a little to hard or can't get past a certain level, here are some cheats. To activate cheats press ' in game and type the cheat you want to use:
TEAMGOD: Team God Mode
AVATARGOD: Player God Mode
STUMPY: Stumpy Mode On
CLODHOPPER: Enlarges Player's Feet and Hands
MEGANOGGIN: Mega Head Mode
BIGNOGGIN: Big Head Mode
5FINGERDISCOUNT: Refill Ammo
NOBRAINER: Turns AI Off
DEBUGKEYS: Debug Keys Enabled
SILENTBUTDEADLY: Makes players "FART".
TURNPUNCHKICK: Changes Players from 3D to 2D
1-900: Heavy Breathing
EXPLORE: Victory Conditions On/Off
Rogue Spear is essentially the same game as Rainbow 6. It has new weapons, levels, graphics, but at heart-is Rainbow 6. Rogue Spear has a great storyline, great multiplayer, and overall is a great game.
Difficulty: Medium - Hard
- WinterFresh (2-21-00)
<< Rating: 85 >>
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Zalman: ZM-DS4F Headphones
An affordable, ultra-portable headphone set.