Montreal, Quebec. March 26th, 2002 -- Strategy First is pleased to announce that they will now accept applications to beta test their upcoming 3D Real time Strategy Game, O.R.B.
O.R.B., an acronym for Off-World Resource Base, is a visually stunning 3D real time strategy game that pits the forces of two races against each other in a desperate struggle across multiple systems to control the resources they need to expand their empires.
We are extremely happy to offer our fans the opportunity to beta test O.R.B, says Adam Phillips, Product Manager for Strategy First. The folks in our community have been so patient. I think they are really going to like what they see. O.R.B. is definitely worth the wait!
Some of the features that will be included in the game are the following;
- Unparalleled 3D real-time strategic gaming action with full freedom of movement in space
- Two fully developed races with their own single-player campaign and unique strategies
- One-of-a-kind dynamic universe depicting multiple solar systems alive with planets, moons, asteroid belts, complex orbits, persistent debris and extraordinary spatial environments
- Epic fleet combat with a wide variety of vessels and specialized units including tactical ships, shock troops, various fighter types, multiple capital ship classes and support vessels
- Downloadable campaign editor and tools, complete with the ability to script your own scenarios, event triggers, campaigns and cut-scenes
- Explosive battles with up to eight players in cooperative and head-to-head multiplayer mode.
Interested gamers can apply for the public beta at the official O.R.B. website: http://www.o-r-b.com. The beta test will officially begin on April 8th, 2002