Table of Contents ----------------- I. About the game II. Tips, Hints, Strategy III. Walkthrough IV. Codes V. Gameshark Codes VI. Past FAQ's VII. Future FAQ's VIII. Credits IX. Disclaimer
I. About the game ----------------- Revelations came out in September 1999, for the gameboy color (Also playable on the Game Boy Pocket, and Gameboy) It is the FIRST COLOR RPG for the Gameboy Color. Pokémon Yellow Edition would have beat it but that doesn't come out until the end of October. Revelations is a game that is sort of the same as pokémon. It has monsters that you fight like any RPG. But this is a Fantasy RPG. Revelations is about these people who can weild a power called GAIA, which is protected by a magical Orb that keeps peace and order. Everything was fine until someone EVIL tried to use the power of GAIA. There are about 100 monsters in this game. You can get them too. Once you get a lot of them, you can combine some of them together and make them more powerful monsters. You can also fight a friend, similar to pokémon, with a Game Link Cable.
II. Hints, Tips, Strategy ------------------------- Monsters - Before you fight a monster in the game. Try to talk to it. If you do, it might join your team. Then you can use that monster to influence other monsters to join your team also. But not all will join. Some will fight you. Characters - Your 3 main characters will learn better and stronger gaia spells as they progress through the game, and the monsters you recieve will also learn stronger gaia spells. And as in Pokémon you should use a certain type of attack against a certain type of enemie. Items - In many towns there are different types of shops, like weapon shops, armor shops, and Item shops, but to buy anything you need to get money first. You can do this buy defeating enemies or selling items you don't really need to get extra money. Battling - When you battle you should put your Characters in a certain order. Put your best and toughest monsters at the top of the list and put your main characters on the bottom. Trust me this is the best way to do it because the enemies will tend to attack the Characters you have on the top of your list the most, and after they are defeated you have your main characters left, which is really great for you. Combining Monsters - To combine 2 monsters you need to get the combine spell, then you can find 2 monsters which will really be a great match to combine, then you can combine them into 1 monster. Growing your characters - When you win a battle you will recieve EXP. MONEY, and POINTS, use the points on certain atrributes your character has. For Example, you can use the point on speed or attack, etc. Try using the point on an attribute the character is good at using. Game Link Cable - Yep, you guessed it, just like POKČMON. You can fight your monsters with friends, family, or whoever. You need 2 Revelation game paks, and 1 Game Link Cable.
III. Walkthrough ----------------
Part I: ------- Objectives: 1. Leave Moila 2. Find Lete Water 3. Break into Arrow Town 4. Help Kishe (Or whatever you named them) 5. Save Zodia
1. Leave Moila First you will recieve a Tite sword. Then go into that big building from the side door (only door) and talk to the man there. Then there will be rumbling and the monsters have arrived. Go outside of Moila by that little area with nothing near it. I really suggest you fight some monsters outside of Moila to get money then go back to Moila to buy some better weapons and armor. 2. Find Lete Water After you leave Moila, you need to go to Oasis by crossing the Southern Desert. Then on a dock you will find the Lete Water. **TIP** Fight all of the monsters on your way so that you can get more money to buy better armor and weapons and also to gain EXP. so your characters can grow stronger and better.
3. Break into arrow town You will need the Lete Water to break into the town of Arrow. So once you get that and break in you will have to fight someone named Jabba, then once you defeat him you can go on into the town and see whats there. And make sure to get the medicine before you leave.
4. Help Kishe (Or whatever you named them) Go to Remlia and find Kishe or the name you named them in the begining of the game. Give Kishe the medicine for them to join your group. If you didn't get the medicine like I told you to, then you will have to go back into Arrow Town and get it.
5. Save Zodia Now you must go to Mt. Palo (The place that man said he was going to take the children) And you will have to fight the Devil. Once you defeat him a person named Zodia will appear and then leave immediatly. Now go back to Remlia and get the PASS from the gaurds who are gaurding the Orb. It will let you continue on to cross the mountains after you pass through the west shrine.
Part II ------- Objectives: 1. Shrine 2. Go to Jalawan 3. Go to Ramuh 4. Tower of Magan
1. Shrine Before you go to the shrine stop off in Meruha to get better armor at the Armor Shop. Then go across the ocean towards the south and enter the Shrine of Hynos.
2. Go to Jalawan Go to Jalawan which is near the Shrine of Hynos and go to the top of the roof. You will now meet Hata (Who you will meet more times in the game, sort of like Gary in... You guessed it Pokémon, only you don't fight him.) He will tell you some stuff about Monsters then go back down and go to the Weapon shop, and check out what they have.
3. Go to Ramuh Next go on to Ramuh a big town which has a shrine in it. Go to the shrine of Ramuh to learn what your next Objective is, which is to go to the Tower of Magan and rescue Priest Rafael.
4. Tower of Magan The enemies at the Tower of Magan are tougher than the ones you have been facing. Fight your way to the top of the Tower and you will have to fight Minotaur, defeat him and you will free Priest Rafael.
Part III -------- Objectives: 1. Get the Sol Ring 2. Talk to the Animals 3. The Nest 4. Go to Tilmun 5. The Sages 6. Find Triton
1. Get the Sol Ring Once you rescue Priest Rafael go back to the Ramuh Shrine and get the Sol Ring as your reward for rescuing the Priest. You will need this ring so you can talk to the animals.
2. Talk to the animals Now go to Harappa. This is where you can talk to the animals with your new Sol Ring. The animals will give you a Black key which opens Zord's nest. Now you can go on to the nest...
3. The Nest Now you can go to the nest with the Black Key that you recieved from the animals in Harappa. The nest is located on the Northern Continent. Once you get their battle throught the final zord. Once you defeat it you will see Uranus (or whatever you named them; the 3rd Main character) leave back for Harappa. Now you need to follow Uranus, and go back to Harappa. Then when you get their talk to Uruanus to get her to join your group.
4. Go to Tilmun Once you get there you will learn about the problems in the common people's houses. Now go to the weapon shop and buy the Arce Sword. You will also learn that Zodia has gone to the Mountain of Sages.
5. The Sages Now go to the Mountain of the Sages. If you have a full set of bones for Dragon, Kirin, and Amon, the sages will give you ZOMBIE versions of Dragon, Kirin, and Amon. Then talk to the last sage who will give you an EMBLEM which is a gift from Zodia, who has already left the Mountain of Sages.
6. Find Triton Now you must go back to Tilmun. You will get permission from Priest Rafael and his wife to take one of their DOLPHINS to a nearby Island, so that you can find their son Triton. When you get to the island, you will fight Orthrus. Defeat it and then talk to Triton and he will give you the FIRE STAFF. Now go back to Tilmun and talk to the priest and his wife. They are so thankful that they will give you another dolphin which can take you to another nearby island which has the Zord Castle on it.
Part IV ------- Objectives: 1. Reach Zord Castle 2. Go to the Monster Nest 3. Monster Shrines and Trading 4. Some Secrets 5. Cross the Ocean 6. Go to Atlantis
1. Reach Zord Castle Use the dolphin that the Priest and his wife gave you to go to a nearby island which has Zodia and more Zord on it. You must defeat Zodia and his companion Morgan, for him to tell you the secrets of the Island. After you defeat them a bridge will appear outside which leads to the mainland.
2. Go to the Monster Nest Once you get to the monster nest via the bridge, you will once again talk to Hata. He will teach you more about the conspriracy of Atlantis and how it affects your journey.
3. Monster Shrines and Trading There are Monster Shrines in the South and Southeast. Go to them and trade a Magnetite you have found, if you have found one, and trade it for some useful items.
4. Some Secrets In the mountains look for Faerie Cave, it is hidden so you will need to look for it. When you find it, go inside to find some really uselful stuff. Now find the Cave of Cerberus. Go inside and fight Cerberus (A REALLY POWERFUL MONSTER) if you defeat him, he will join your group.
5. Cross the Ocean Go to the Northwest Continent by using the Hynos Shrine, and you will reach the City of Crotona. There you will need to talk to a family to learn about Hilam in Atlantis.
6. Go to Atlantis In Atlantis you will find tons of weapons you should buy. If you want to learn more about the conspriacy then talk to Hilam. Now you need to go into the sewers which contain useful items. Exit the sewers throught the Southwest Exit which leads to the rear of Hilam's laboratory. Once you get their you will discover that Hilam was kidnapped by Dalo. You will get the Jail key from the sources.
Part V ------ Objectives: 1. Rescue Hilam 2. Ark 3. Zord Headquarters 4. Southwest 5. Sacred Trees 6. Nova 7. The Ultimate EVIL
1. Rescue Hilam To Rescue Hilam you need to go to the town of Dalo. Use the Jail Key to let him out, and he will return to Atlantis telling you that if you want to build an Ark to go back to Atlantis and meet him there. But before you do, get the Bard key from a monster in Dalo.
2. Ark Go back to Atlantis and Hilam will send you to Crotona to get Ark- Building Lapis. Return to him witht the Lapis, and he will start building your ark. Check back later to get it.
3. Zord Headquarters Zord HQ is located in a northern circle of stones. Break into it using your Bard pass. Once inside you will fight Zodia and Mephist.
4. Southwest Go back to Atlantis and pick up your Ark from Hilam. Then fly to the Southwest continent and go inside the cave of petal. Any of the zombies you created at the Mountain of Sages will come back to life. So you should get Dragon, Kirin, and Amon.
5. Sacred Trees While your on the Southwest continent, visit both of the Sage Shrines. In one you will fight Mephist and in the other you will get the ability to talk to plants. Now fly the arc to Ramuh and the Monster Nest so that you can get the 2 halves of the Light Dew.
6. Nova Take the arc to an Island in the center of the world and you will be automatically transported to Nova. In Nova you will learn some more stuff from Hata and the Goddess of force.
7. Ultimate EVIL Here it is, where you will fight the Ultimate EVIL! Fly into a clearing of the mountains in the Northwest continent. If you want go to the Shrine of monsters to learn some final secrets. Fly throught the Petrolyph to face the Ultimate EVIL.
IV. Codes --------- This isn't really a code but here it is anyway: Combine Orthrus and Cerbrus to make the ultimate monster Solion. If you have any more e-mail them to me.
V. Gameshark Codes ------------------ Coming Soon... If you have any codes send them to me at SDallas15@aol.com
VI. Past FAQ's -------------- Until I get my Contributor Recognition Page at GameFAQs.com here are my past FAQ's including this one:
# 01: Adventure Island (NES) # 02: Tetris DX (GBC/GB) # 03: Adventure Island III (NES) # 04: Revelations: Demon Slayer (GBC/GB)
VII. Future FAQ's ----------------- Here are some of the FAQ's I plan on writing for GameFAQs.com: Donkey Kong 64 (N64) Banjo-Tooie (N64) Castlevania II: Special Edition (N64) Pokémon Gold/Silver (GBC/GB) Adventure Island II (NES) Adventure Island IV (NES) Adventure Island (GB) There are others but these are definite. Incase you didn't notice I really am a Big Fan of Adventure Island, and I really love NES games as well.
VIII. Credits ------------- Nintendo for making it. Atlas for also making it. Me for making the FAQ. Hehehe. Fantasyanime.com for their FAQ on the game. It really helped me out in the game and without it I would know nothing about the game making it impossible for me to make this FAQ. All of you for reading my FAQ(s) If you want to submit something I don't have, send it to SDallas15@aol.com and I will give you full credit for it.
Well, thats my 4th FAQ, I hope it was very useful for all of you who requested it. I saw that it has been the #1 Requested FAQ so far, so I got tired of that and made it for all of you who requested it. Well see you on my next FAQ. Bye...