Listed below are the major things that need to be done for
each act. As you follow these directions, keep in mind that at
the same time you need to trap as many thugs and intruders as you
can. If you let too many escape, the game will be over. Capture
at least as many as those that get away. After you get some
practice you'll find that you can easily capture three to four
times that many. Also watch for ANYONE in the storage room or
basement, you'll soon learn what the scenes that have persons
turning your power and controls off look like. These scenes
always happen in the same order every game, so once learned they
are no problem.
Here's how to get through Act I: Just get all four codes
and save Brutus.
1) Save Alex with fireplace trap (optional).
2) Stop thug from turning off power in storage room.
3) Get code in Brutus' room.
4) Capture handyman in Brutus' room (optional).
5) Get code in grads' room.
6) Get code in band's room.
7) Stop thug from turning off power in storage room.
8) Save Brutus using punch trap on Luigi.
9) Trap handyman in storage (optional).
10) Get code in Alex's room.
Things really pick up in Act II! This is the longest and
hardest act. In this act, not only do you need to protect the
tenants from getting killed, there are new traps for you to
discover and use. DON'T trap the handyman here, or you'll miss a
new trap, and later on that will mean GAME OVER (you may,
however, trap Eddie for fun and points). Start trapping people
and playing like normal, but watch for the handyman to enter
rooms and activate the traps for you.
1) Use column on intruders in lobby to save Jeff and Phobe
2) Trap Eddie in Alex's room with fireplace (optional).
3) Stop intruder at power box in storage room.
4) Get basket trap in Brutus' room.
5) Get trap in grads' room. QUICKLY DO STEP SIX!
6) Save Sammy in the band's room with lamp trap.
7) Save Alex with window trap in her room.
8) Save Phoebe: Disarm the coffin trap as the mummy tries
to spring it on her (position to that trap on your trap
bar and keep hitting your disarm button). The mummy
will then give up and drop the remote. Arm the hand
trap and let him have it when he steps on the tile on
the floor. Immediately do step 9!
9) Get conveyor belt trap in basement.
10) Get cage trap in the band room. Note: Timing is tricky
here; If you keep switching from room to room while the
janitor is giving his speech, you'll not be able to save
Brutus next. In other words, stick to this room until
you get the trap. When the Janitor picks up his
screwdriver, he'll say "Well, here you are". Right
after he says this, you'll notice an intruder in Brutus'
room. DON'T GO THERE YET! Instead, wait until the cage
appears on your trap bar and *THEN* IMMEDIATELY go to
11) Brutus will be running for his life from the mummy.
QUICKLY disarm the basket trap or the mummy will use it
on Brutus. As soon as Brutus is off of the trigger,
re-arm it! The mummy will step on the trap and you can
give him some more of his own medicine!
12) Stop lead intruder from turning off controls in basement
by using the elevator trap on him.
13) Go to the band's room and disarm the cage as the mummy
tries to use it on Jeff. After Jeff moves off of the
switch, you need to re-arm it and get the mummy again.
14) Get your chair trap in Alex's room.
15) Go to the storage room and give you the phone box trap.
As soon as (THIS MUST BE DONE REEEEEAAAALLLY FAST) the
phone box appears on your trap bar, go to the basement
and use the conveyor trap on Eddie before he shuts you
16) Eddie is going to appear in the storage room and try to
pull your phone lines. Punching him with the phone box
trap takes practice, but mainly depends upon you
springing the trap *exactly* after he grabs it (Until
you do it three or four times, this is the hardest trap
in the game).
17) In Alex's room, disarm the chair trap. This scene is
faster than the others, so when Alex steps off of it,
RE-ARM IT QUICKLY. The mummy steps on it almost
immediately after she is off of it. Trap him.
Act III is as short as Act I, but has the tricky timing of
1) Stop intruder at power box in storage room.
2) In the lobby, hit Eddie in the stomach with the column
trap. He's running across the room when you need to do
this, so you have to be quick.
3) After dropping the jerk, you need to go to the basement
and get him again at the conveyor. He's going to be
running again, so trigger the trap immediately when he
runs into the room.
4) In Alex's room, arm the chair and wait for her to push
Eddie onto the trigger. When she does, trigger the trap
on him and go immediately to the basement.
5) In the basement, the head intruder is going to try to
shut off your controls. You must catch him at the
elevator as he comes in or the game is over.
6) In the grads' room again, Eddie will struggle with
Phoebe. When he does, he'll accidentally step on the
hand trap trigger. Grab him!
7) The lead intruder will soon be at it again in the
storage room. He's going to go for the phone lines, so
get him with the phone box trap.
8) Go back up to the band room and get ready with the cage
trap. Eddie will run in and stop on the switch - nail
9) FINALLY! Get Eddie in Brutus's room with the basket
10) Let all of the credits go by and you will be able to
enter your initials for the high score screen (if you
And there you have it! If anyone has any questions or
comments, please send an E-mail or post a message to me. Special
thanks to my play tester, FiFi, for ensuring everything in this
walkthru works correctly.